If you're anything like me, you had big plans for 2020, and your New Year Resolutions involved a smaller waist, tighter glutes, and being the healthiest version of YOU.
We didn't expect to be "quarantined in," just three months into the year, but here we are. And can you believe that health officials are saying that the average person is expected to gain between 15-19lbs while sheltering-in-place? While many are working from home, most are drinking more, eating more, snacking more, and moving less.
If you are anything like me, you refuse to gain the dreaded COVID-15 and are reciting daily, "no fat formed against me shall prosper."
We have more time than ever to get in the best shape of our lives, but it's going to require our discipline. I focus on being solution-based with my clients. I want to encourage you to shift your mindset.
Here are my Top 5 Weight-Loss Tips you can incorporate now.
- Create an Accountability Calendar- This is a monthly calendar that includes a start date, your goal weight, and specific end date. (To get my Accountability Calendar template and instructions, e-mail email@example.com)
- Schedule Your Daily Workouts- There is something for everyone on-line. Most gyms now offer a virtual experience. That means on-line group fitness sessions, yoga classes, and spin classes are at your fingertips. Set times to workout in-home or take a walk in nature.
- Get An Accountability Group or Fit Friend- When you are trying to lose weight, you cannot be the strongest person in the group. It helps to work towards a goal with a friend but make sure they will push you. Reach out to 3-4 friends who will begin this journey with you.
- Change Your Diet- Healthy eating is a must! You will have to remove all the processed foods. Stick to whole fruits, veggies, whole grains, and beans the next time you go to the grocery store.
- Don't Bring It Home- Sweets are my weakness. That's why I don't bring them home with me. Maybe yours is alcohol or bread. Whatever it is, you have to remove the temptation from your house as you increase your discipline.
The times may be uncertain, but your goals don't have to be. You can still be in the best shape of your life. For daily accountability and fitness motivation, follow me on Instagram @meccamooretartt.
Love & Light
Sales Consultant| Women's Health& Wellness Coach